On one lovely weekend day, I chose 2 lovely green nail polishes to prepare my lovely nails for the lovely week to come. 😀 – Everything can be lovely right?
But as usual, I was in a hurry and guess what? I had no time to take pictures. I’m soooo sorry…. 😐
But here we are, 12 days after the fact, just before I took off my green nail-polish and I had a little idea: why not show you guys some after-12-days-photos? 😀
We all know that pretty photos are taken just after we did our nails – with perfect application, moisturized cuticles, shiny top-coat and no messed up corners or nail-ends… But we don’t get to see how that nail polish lasts and how the nails look after a couple of days of hard work and day-to-day activities…
So, I am very excited to do this post as this long-lasting nail-polish is a fairly new thing for me! I used to do my nails in a hurry and after 2-3 days my nails were a mess… But as I promised myself that this year I’m gonna try to take more time for myself, here I am, taking half an hour every now-and-then to ‘perfectly’ tend to the needs of my nails 🙂
Fast-forwarding to the present day…
Because of a correct application and a good base and top coat, my nails still look great after these 12 days! And trust me, I did a lot of wet-and-messy-hand-jobs =)))) like dish-washing, hair-washing, clothes-washing, make-up-brushes-washing etc.
What’s messed up after 12 days:
– obviously the base of the nails – sorry but I couldn’t stop my nails from growing :)))
– the tips are a bit faded – in real life it’s not that visible as it’s probably less than 1mm;
– one tiny nail corner – I kind of expected that to happen as that particular nail was already weakened (my nails exfoliate massively… rrrrrr….); it was and still is, very ‘bendable’ and fragile so the polish flaked off a few days after I did my nails.
I’ll just let the pictures do the talking. And please know that the nail-polishes are actually greener, but I just couldn’t get my light and my broken phone-camera to work together…
You can clearly see how much my nails have grown and that messed up corner I was talking about before. But, I say that for a 12 days old home-made manicure, this looks pretty amazing! 😀 Yes, I know, I’m excited!
Nail polishes I used:
- Base and top coat: OPI – Natural Nail Strengthener; I bought from a salon a year ago
- Main color: Flormar – Jelly Look, in the shade ‘Forest’; subway station no-name store
- Glitter green: Charm Limit Nail Polish – I can’t seem to find a shade name, I can only read Nr. 26 on a bottom sticker; What is very important to mention here is that it is kind of a weird nail-polish as, even though it’s a glitter, when it dries it is MATTE! I personally don’t like it on it’s own (I’ll update this post with a sample-picture next time I do my nails) but as you can see, it looks great with a glossy top-coat! 🙂 Oh, and yes, I bought this one also from the subway-station no-name store.
What I did to make them last this much: you can check my previous post here or read the more summarized yet extended steps below!
1. Clean nails, cut if necessary & use a nail file to smooth them out and reach the desired shape;
2. Wash your hands, remove any grease left-over on your nails – there are special products to do this, but until we get our hands on one of those, a simple sanitary-alcohol works just fine – and make sure they’re completely dry and there’s no water left on the surface of your nails;
3. Apply a base coat;
4. Apply the color – 1 to 3 layers of color depending on the coverage of the nail-polish or the effect you are looking for;
5. Finish it off with a top coat – remember to drag a line over the tips of your nails just after you applied the clear top-coat to make sure you seal off all the layers;
6. After they dry, apply some cuticle-oil to moisturize those bastards – and remember to do this every day if possible! 😀
And that’s about it! 🙂
What are your tricks to long-lasting nail-color?
Lots of love goes your way, from my little mice house to yours! :*