I have to admit that I’ve had a problem with pink shades, especially ‘Barbie-Pink’, for a veeeeery very long time.
But, since I’ve started working as an art-director and graphic designer 5 years ago I’ve learned that every color has it’s own personality and can brig it’s own benefits to the table when used properly.
And that’s when I started wondering if I should give pink a chance…
Then, the fashion and beauty addiction came along… then the blog… so yes! It’s about time we try to brighten our days by adding a little bit of pink accents here and there. Let’s #nailit with pink!
DISCLAIMER 🙂 Even though at first this does’t look like a #nailit tutorial you will see that it is something ‘bold’ for me to do (maybe for you too) and is also a little trick you could try to turn something you don’t like in something you LOOOVE with just a bit of matte top-coat 😉
Back to the #nailit with pink story… My first attempt happened last year when I thought that pink shades could bring the-never-approaching-spring closer – check it out here.
I think i’s about time we give it another try… but this time let’s have some balls and go full-crazy-barbie-pink!
For this to happen I decided I had to do a little shopping trip to the Flormar wonderland – the best place to get high-quality nail polishes, in infinite colors, with different finishes and for a veeery small price.
Once you enter this magical land there’s no way you’re gonna come out with just a Pink nail polish… NO F*** WAY! I ended up buying 6 nail-colors, a treatment-included-base-coat, an electric blue eye marker and a bright sky-colored eye-liner…
Back to our pink story here…
So, even though I am struggling with this ‘pink’ issue I must admit that I immediately fell in love with the idea of a barbie-pink MATTE nail polish and thats how I ended up buying this beauty here:
In order to make sure it would stay matte for as long as possible, I also bought myself a mattifying lacquer.
I applied it in a hurry as I was preparing to leave home to visit my parents in another city but I still rigorously followed all the proper steps, and you should do too:
- Clean nails and de-grease them with alcohol/special cleaning solution
- Apply a clear base coat – as usual I used my beloved 4-in-1 lacquer from Flormar
NOW LET ME STOP YOU FOR A MOMENT! You have to know that this is the greatest product for nails eveeeer!!! I think I talked about it before in some of my posts but here I am stressing it out again! This nail-care lacquer worked magics for my nails: they stopped breaking, did not exfoliate anymore and also turned more flexible and healthy looking. FLORMAR, you rocked my world with this 4-in-1 product and it’s ‘nothing’ price! I promise I will soon give it the credits and glory it deserves through a special post with beauty bottle shots and all! 🙂 …now back to our #nailit story…
- Apply TWO coats of color – in this case a crazy pink matte one but if you use the mattifying top coat it can be a regular nail polish
- Apply the mattifying top-coat over everything – and drag it along the tip of your nails to make sure everything is locked in place
The rusult?!?! OMG!!!
I AM NOW IN LOVE WITH WHATEVER COMES IN MATTE PINK COLOR! This is how they look in the first day – MATTE MATTE MATTE!!! <3
FLORMAR NAIL POLISH
- very nice texture
- relatively thin brush, with long bristles – very easy to handle and apply with
- both the color and the matte top coat apply smoothly
- very good coverage – only one layer could do the job 🙂 (but I work by the book and did 2 :P)
- both are shiny and get matte as they dray – and that happens relatively fast I might say 🙂
- very long lasting – it’s been 8 days since I did my nails and they still look gorgeous and are almost intact
- the color is bright, intense and looks different according to the lighting
- the top coat makes your nails velvety and smooth – a very different and cool feeling as compared to regular shiny lacquers
cheapgood price: 13 Lei for the Pink one, and 16 Lei for the top coat
CONS, but not so much:
- They start getting a bit shiny starting day 3-4 as you rub them against clothes and bed sheets… but you can always apply a new layer of matte top-coat and and make them look as new
My nails after 7 days:
My nails on day 7, after applying a fresh coat of mattifying lacquer:
Yes: except from the fact that my nails have grown, the nail-polish is INTACT!
So lovelies, what crazy Flormar colors have you tried lately? Do you #nailit in pink shades?
Mice little hugs and kisses are travelling your way right now! :*