Hola beautiful chicas and welcome, again, to my new mice home!
This is the first post of a new series I’m planning to make every week or two, that will be called #nailit!
Why? Because all of the obvious reasons: it’s going to be about nails, nail polishes and how to home-master some gorgeous, flawless, as-seen-on-YouTube or as-seen-on-Pinterest nail works, maybe some tips-and-tricks or DIY stuff – for nails of course!
If they can nail-it… I can nail-it… YOU CAN NAIL-IT! 🙂
*I promise future posts on in this series will be in more detail, with more making-off-photos or hopefully a funny-helpful-youtube-video.
Now let’s just jump right into our first dotted #nailit story.
What you’ll need:
- Base Coat and Top Coat – I swear by my 4-in-1 Complete Care from Flormar as a base and top;
- Nail polish in you favorite color, as you main base color;
- Nail polish in a contrasting color for the dots – try to choose one that you know it’s pretty opaque to make sure your dots will be full of color; nobody wants ‘starving’ transparent polka dots :))));
- Pointed nail tool or toothpick / orange stick / anything pointy that you can mess up 🙂 – quick trick if you decide to use a toothpick: tap it on the table a couple of times before you use it; this will flatten a bit that sharp point making your job a lot easier, your dots a bit bigger and more regular in size and shape;
- Piece of paper/cardboard/foil/whatever non-absorbing surface you ca use as a ‘paint-pallet’
So let’s #NAILIT:
- First of all, you have to clean your nails and prepare them for varnish – don’t forget to apply a base coat before you use any color on your nails.Here is my magical base and top coat I was telling you about ↓↓↓
- Apply 1 to 2 (or 3) coats of the color, depending on the coverage of your nail-polish – usually, 2 coats do the job just fine, and wait like a princess for your nails to dry.You can choose whatever color you want… I personally grabbed two: a bright beautiful sky blue and a fancy dark pink, one for each hand as I put the two bottles next to each other and decided they are simply soul-mates and it would have been a very cruel thing to separate them 🙂
- Once your nails are almost-dry/dry/very dry – I actually did this step a day after I did my nails, as I was running out of time :))) – we can move on to the dotting phase.Again, choose a color that will be obvious, yet in harmony with your base. I went with white, as it would fit perfectly on both my colors.
Now, brace yourself as the next step is very tedious – but I promise the result is worth the effort!
Using the brush of your polish take out a small amount and lay it on your piece of paper/card-board/foil etc.
Grab that pointed nail tool, or your toothpick, dab it in the dome of polish and start creating your design.
Dot by dot: start at the base of your nails, right in the center, and work your way down row-by-row. Be careful and try placing each row slightly-off the first one. I made a small animation for you so it’s easier to understand.
- Repeat this process on as many nails as you want. I chose to do it on my thumbs and ring fingers…you can even do them all if you wish!
- After your done with the dots apply a crazy shiny top coat – don’t forget to seal off those tips 😉 – get into your ‘princess mood’ and wait for them to dry while you carefully scroll on Instagram or watch your favorite NetFlix series.
- Now take some picture of those crazy-amazing nails and share them with the world. Don’t forget to use #micenails & #nailit to prove me right: WE CAN ALL NAIL MICE NAILS :))))
That’s about it for our first #NAILIT story! What do you think?
Leave a comment down below and tell me what you think about this new series-idea!
Also I’ll be expecting your suggestions for future #NAILIT posts and your thoughts on this crazy polka-dot nail-art. 🙂
Don’t forget to show your love by subscribing to my blog and following my Facebook page, Instagram account etc etc.
Huge hugs from my new mice house to yours! See ya all on the next post! :*